Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Rise of Collaborative Consumption

I came across this video (via Shareable, one of my favorite blogs)that does a fantastic job highlighting the future of conusmption: Collaborative Consumption. It's amazing how many different solutions people, company and organizations are coming up with all with the goal of reducing wasteful spending and consumption of newly produced goods. From bikeshare programs to ZipCar and their new app which 100,000 people in the first week to bartering services and gifting economies.... we are just on the cusp of a new mode of consumption.

The interesting thing is that most of these new service based ideas all intrinsically connect people to each other in different ways. If it's meeting a new person when you pick up an item on freecycle or unlocking a rental bike at a bike sharing rack and meeting someone doing the same thing... peers, people with similar interest are connecting in ways that have not been common in a long time.

It's an exciting time right now and we're exciting to be a part of this socioeconomic shift!

Check out the awesome video!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Impressive! Your blog is very informative. However, it is pretty hard task but your post and experience serve and teach me how to handle and make it more simple and manageable.Thanks for the tips… Best regards.
    How to seduce a woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I have been searching in many websites and I finally found it here. Amazing article. I am so impressed. Could never think of such a thing is possible with it...I think you have a great knowledge especially while dealings with such subjects.
    Houton Home Security

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately I came to your website and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my initial comment. Keep writing, because your posts are impressive!Smart Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent stuff from you, man I’ve read your things before and you are just too awesome. I adore what you have got right here. You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart. This is truly a great blog thanks for sharing.Houston Alarm Monitoring

    ReplyDelete